You are currently browsing the archives for the Uncategorized category.
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
So… numbers of new house builds are reducing, however the reduction is 4% which on the face of it sounds like it could be a huge figure however, it equates to 425 less homes so is it as scary as the headline, mmm we shall see. What is noteworthy some of constructions big players are still enjoying gigantic increases in profit…so what’s the story. Berkeley Group have had a rise in annual profit of 58% of 215 million 1bn, Barratt has trippled its profit to 111million, revenue 2.3bn incredible which is fantastic and it’s great to know there is some happiness and success remaining in the building trade!
Again the government are thinking up strategies to help bridge the gap between need and supply in an attempt to boost the economic growth, announcing a series of measures to support the industry. These measures rely on the government working hard with the construction industry to succeed, oh…good luck with that then. Green Deal blog still ringing in my ears.
Our comments: Propping up the housing market will never been sustainable and will not give back home buyers and general society the confidence to invest, we have seen this fail many times over recent years. Do something more sustainable, encourage people to buy British. Protect buying British in the same way we protect the rain forests with Chain of Custody.
We currently are offering discounts for orders placed in October for a pre-christmas delivery. If you have any enquiries for SBD timber doorsets, fire doors, bespoke doors or general joinery, please contact us by email or phone email@example.com or TEL: 0116 291 2288 and ask for the estimating department.
We at JCK Joinery can now product a 60mm solid timber core door with a U-value of 0.8W/m2K please enquiry to Anthony Kellett at JCK Joinery for more details TEL0116 291 2288 mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our most popular Spirit range door the ‘Solar’ is available with a U-value of 0.975W/m2K!
JCK Joinery can now supply doorsets with Yales latest innovation the Digital Key free lock!
Combining peace of mind with convenience by allowing you to access and protect your property without a key.
We at JCK Joinery can now supply our doorsets with the Keyfree security system. Please download our brochure or watch the video to learn more about this fantastic new product. Follow the link to see a demonstration and find out more about ‘Digital Key free locking’
Anti-snap and core extraction testing, Success!
Testing Secure PAS24 all Part 1 & 2 Cylinder snap & core extract. In pursuance of the latest revisions of PAS24 we tested 11 alternative cylinders for the resistance to snapping and cylinder core extraction. Out of those tested 3 alternative manufacturers’ cylinders were successful. These cylinders have now been incorporated into our specification of PAS24 Secured by Design.
We decided to test the 54mm double doors to achieve PAS24 after we noticed a that a demand was growing for this type of product to be Secured by Design.
The tests were carried out on the 25th January 2007 and we have included some images to give you an idea of what the doors are put through whenthey under go testing.
- Espagnolette locking
- Maximum Door size 1800 x 2150
- External quality ply doors
- Can be equipped with vision panels, vents and louvre panels
- cycle stores
- plant room
- bin stores
- storage lock ups
- lift motor rooms, can be equipped with ventilation panels, louvre panels
- With vision panels can be utilised for any external applications.
- Providing improved security to applications that up until now have not had the option to do so.
- The PAS24 secured by design is recognised by some insurance companies which means the premiums maybe reduce if a secured by design doorset is to improve security.
The new SBD compliant doors are a Non-fire external flush door, and internal applications where a fire door is not specified.
These doors have a thickness of 56mm providing a high U-value of 1.1 and an insulation value of 0.034.
The aesthetic quality to these doors is flexible. We can engrave virtually any design onto the front or rear of the door using CNC technology. But we have developed links with local artists that can be commissioned to paint designs in sympathy with the CNC engraving to create a truly unique door.
We have been working towards obtaining the certification for Chain of Custody to enable us to use FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) timber in our doorsets.
In October 2006 we were delighted to achieve the accreditation from BM Trada with the Chain of Custody Certification and can now provide FSC and PEFC products.
If you would like some more information on what FSC, PEFC and Chain of custody, please download our Chain of Custody PDF.
With timber suitable for the manufacturing of doorsets available by the end of 2007, we at JCK are very keen to implement the usage of it as soon as possible.
With its durability being better than redwood or hardwood whilst at the same time it’s wholelife costs show substantial long term savings. We think it is a winning material for manufacturers, contractors and also the end user – the home owner.
Please take a look below at some of the key benefits of Accoya TM wood.
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more.
- Paints & varnishes last 3-4 times reducing maintenance costs (supported by Akzo Nobel and Teknos coatings)
- Lasts at least 50 years above ground.
- More durable than teak.
Consistent and reliable quality
- Wood is modified all the way through not just at the surface layer like many alternative treatments.
- Laboratory validation after the process has taken place ensures that every batch is of consistent quality.
Mould and insect resistance
- Accoya TM wood is indigestible to insects and mirco-organisms and therefore more resistant to decay.
- Resistance to wood destroying fungi is dramatically increased Accoya TM wood is virtually rot-proof.
- It is non-toxic and because of it’s durability thee is no need to apply chemical.
- preservatives on-site unlike unmodified or envelop treated woods.
- Has superior resistance to the effects of UV Exposure meaning that the woods.
- natural appearance is retained for longer.
If you would like to see the Accoya wood presentation please click on the link which includes how the wood is treated: